Currently, few historic photographs are known to exist of the Garvin House. During the course of this assessment, the Bluffton community was asked to share memories and photos of the structure. Despite these recent attempts to reach out to the community to find additional documentation, no photographs have been uncovered of the structure when it was occupied by the Garvin family from 1870 to 1960.
Several images exist that document the unoccupied building and its deterioration from 1970. However, full photographic documentation of this structure is incomplete. The front (south) porch and west gable-end elevation with the fireplace were not captured in any of the images on record. Nevertheless, the following images serve as a record of the structure’s rate of deterioration over the last 40 years, and provide clues to understanding the original fenestration of the building.